The progress of science is punctuated by the advent of revolutionary technologies that provide new ways and scales to formulate scientific questions and advance knowledge. Genomics is one of the recent revolutions in science where the speed of genome sequencing reduced from decades to days and cost from crores to lakhs. The rapid explosion of genomics big data amalgamated with computer science to translate genetic code. Now the genomic science has moved from individual-centric to public (population) studies to address disease, thereby increasing the opportunities in genomics and bioinformatics. Lack of awareness on genomics and trained human resources are the major bottleneck for science development and industrial growth in India. We excel and hold legacy in transforming Students/Professors/Industry professionals into Bioinformaticians in a short period. This training program not only aims to make participants walk-through arena of NGS by genome experts but also create a genomic ecosystem for experiential learning in real time. The training course involves live-demo of sample loading in NGS instrument, obtaining results and data analysis.
- Dr Malali Gowda, The University of Trans-Disciplinary Health Sciences and Technology, India
- Dr Pruthvi Chakravarthi T, Bangalore Genomics Centre, India
- Ms Divya RB, The University of Trans-Disciplinary Health Sciences and Technology, India
Topics to be Covered:
- Next Generation Genomics and Future Workforce
- Demonstration: Sample collection, DNA isolation, and Quality Check
- NGS Library Preparation and Sequencing
- Intellectual property Rights and Genomics
- Introduction to Digital Genomics and Bioinformatics
- Linux/Ubuntu/Computing Languages
- Whole Genome Sequencing Assembly and Annotation
- Genome Browser and other essential software Navigation through NCBI/Genbank
What will be the Course Outcome:
- Genomics Discovery from Start to Finish
- Exposure to the Avenues and Opportunities in Genomics
- Leverage the Access to Decades of Knowledge in Genomics and Expertise in the Latest Technologies
Who Should Attend:
Students, Faculty and Scientists from Academia and Industries including Life Sciences, Biology, Computer, Medicine, Agriculture, Veterinary, Environmental Science and any other disciplines. The participants will be required to carry their own laptop for hands-on practice of data analysis and the use of the software.
Venue: Hotel Hometel Chandigarh, India
Date: 1st-2nd March 2019
For registration support and wire transfer details, please write to Ms Swati Kanwar
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 8289015050 | WhatsApp: +91-9041725050
We look forward to welcoming you at this training course and hope that the two days will be both informative and enjoyable !